Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rule 7: Humility


Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (KJV, Matthew 5:5-9)


Humility; lowliness, meekness, submissiveness.

 I got a phone call last night from one of my mamas in need 
she called to ask a simple favor 
that i personally often take for granite, laundry! 
She asked if there is anyway i could let her wash her clothes at my house?? 
I was OVERLY thrilled and told her anything she needed washed to bring it over! 
Loved that smile getting out of her truck as she say, "I've got a few bags." 
Getting to wash those little pants and skirts that miss haylie wears 
and getting to be a light to her was the biggest joy of my week!! 
So please pray for strength for her and for her little one. 
I give you a bit of a picture of this little joy that i got to meet just two days ago. . . 
Tight bleach blonde curls cover her head 
and she has the sea blue eyes 
that almost disappear when she gets laughing hard enough!!
 Gosh she is adorable!!
So now here i am washing laundry 
a simple task at best,
that lightens the load of a mama near me!!
I dont know if i could lay down my pride
and have someone i just met 
clean my dirty clothes.

Dear God, 
Pray you would give Ashley strength
to see your will for her life
and that she is a princess 
in your eyes.
Allow the men who come into her life to 
see her only as a sister in 
christ and as your daughter who 
you treasure so much.

Please teach me humility 
so that i can be used to further your
kingdom. So i can lay down 
my pride to be used for 
your glory.

Amen.






This is one of Haylie shirts
 that i feel in love with when Lacey 
held it up to show me :) 

1 comment: