Friday, December 23, 2011

I’ll Carry You. . .


This morning as I woke up to have my quiet time in the word
I open the door to the common area and found one of the boys
sleeping in there.
Instantly I was bummed cause everyone else in the house is asleep
and there is no where else I can go.
So I headed to the kitchen to clean up and get it ready for the day. After breakfast we had worship and the team leading wasn’t taking it seriously and was just joking around, so in my mind I was like, dang it, today is just so off.

As we left the house I usually sing to myself,
as we walk the twoish miles to our ministry area.
I tried to start as I left but then I just quit.
Today was off and I just couldn’t get myself to do what I normal do.
My tank felt empty .
I couldn’t poor out when I didn’t first to soak in Gods overflow.
As we turned down this road,
That is probably a half mile long,
The man showed up next to me.
He started to hum,
Then softly he started to sing,
Praise and worship,
In English,
Just loud enough for me to hear,
A huge smile covered my face,
As I started to sing along with him.
We sang two or three songs together as we walked.

As we came to the end of the road,
I turned to him and told him his English is good,
He said he is in the process of learning.
His name was David but today God used him,
To carry me, down that short road,
With praise on my mind and heart.
Even when I couldn’t manage to do it myself.
This is the God we serve,
He cares so much for us
That he would cross this mans path
With mine, just when I needed it.

So I want you to know the rarity
Of this situation, rarely do people
Here speak English. Rarely to they sing
In English and even more rarely do they walk down
The same road as this muzungu (white person)
And just happen to be so filled that they can
Poor out our Gods love into me. 

I just love her.

1 comment:

  1. I am literally crying as I read this! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for serving!

    ReplyDelete