Wednesday, June 8, 2011

5:19am? Yes Please God :)


(Monday)
Goodness what a crazy couple of days traveling! I am overjoyed to be in Uganda right now. This morning God woke me up at 5:19am and suggested :) i spend sometime in his word. I argued a bit in my mind and then eventually settled on if God wanted me to read he would place a certain book and chapter on my heart. . . and he did! So i felt as if i was suppose to read in Luke and then chapter six was laid on my heart as well. So here i am near 5:30am pulling my bible and notebook under my malaria net which by the way makes me feel like im a five year old princess :) thinking of ways to turn on my light without waking up emma. The second i turn my light on she rolls over and says, "we're in africa!" and im like im so sorry i woke you up! And she is clueless to what im talking about because we are both so excited to go to see the orphan babies, we chat for a bit and then i move my stuff into the bathroom in the dark with my head lap to spend some time with God. As im sitting there reading i begin to humble myself as i come across Luke 6:37 which is a verse that reminds me of my buddy Daniel and im reminded of how he wanted to go to mexico and africa and do missions work and here i am living out his dream, which has now become mine now too =) After my devotion we got up and had breakfast outside with the most beautiful view i think i have ever seen!! Once we were done we walked down "peace" hill, which is actually the most dangerous hill in uganda, to the sanyu babies home to help out the house mamas with the morning duties. There are about 6-8 house mamas there at a time and 48 under three babies, ten are newborns, 25 1-2 year olds and 14ish 2-3 year olds just waiting for someones heart to break for the orphans. Mine did. You do the math, breaks my heart that there aren't enough mamas. I found myself in the newborn babies room where in reality you can only hold one newborn at a time because they need so much support. so i found myself wishing i had a deformed arm or two or ten so i could hold more babies. I fallen in love with a few babies here so i want everyone to pray for all of them and a few in particular. . . Jeremiah he is about 2 and adorable, Rafael which is jesse favorite and he is about one, and Dominic who is 9/10 months. . . And SPECIAL prayers for Daniella she is around 9 months and she is literally just skin and bones, she has a hard time eating meaning she barely eats anything. So please pray for her!! She needs it so bad. 

1 comment:

  1. I read you blog and as i read each one i got choked up! The Lord is using you Court. He is molding you daily to trust him and let him lead you. It is encouraging to see how you are diligently following him even when you are sick or its 5:19 in the morning. You are a blessing and encouragement to me my sweet, courageous, bold friend! I cannot wait to hear and hug you when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete