Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thursday Thoughts . . .

Im back at Namirebre Guest House while everyone else is going to sange boys home to build a kitchen. We didn't want to push my luck with feeling crummy and put me into the sun today so im here being mama to the sick. Savannah was up all night puking and has a fever currently and Allei feels the sickness coming on. Yesterday we, meaning the team, went shopping at an african village but i could handle the temperature  changes so i had to park myself in a coffee shop and keep putting cold fluids into my body. I handled it until about one-thirty when i finally go our taxi to take me home and i went to bed for the day around two-pm. I love the hospitality/culture here when i told some of the workers i was sick they said, "im so sorry for you." and they say when you get here "You are most welcome" i just love it!! I wish we cared this much about strangers in america. So yesterday we got to go to the Hope house that Abby Tracy started where she took women who were prostitutes and gave them means to make money by creating necklaces, earrings, bracelets, that they could then sell to feed their children. Most of the women if not all had more than three children and were single and many of them were HIV positive. And through Abby they are getting to know Christ and see how much he truly values them!!! The song Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath comes to mind every time i see the hurt and joy in these women's eyes God loves and values them just as much as he does you and i yet we look at them differently because they weren't blessed with our lifestyle?! It breaks my heart. Right now i can here the babies crying from sanyu babies home and it breaks my heart that i cant go down there because i have no one to walk down peace hill with. Oh it hurts to hear them hurt. Please pray for the babies. If i could take them all home i would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment