Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oasis Orphanage


“I’m Joshua too can you take me home and love me like your Joshua?” –Little Joshua at the orphanage we went to said this to April today. Broke her heart and mine too.

Today was my favorite day so far we drove about 20 minutes away from where we were staying as we turn off the main road we drove up a hill that look like a four wheeling hill that we would go jeeping on. As we got closer to the top we could begin to hear screams of joy coming and children of all ages, as they begun to flood out of this little metal door that lined their property, screaming and jumping for joy at the fact that we cared so much to give a whole day just to serve at their orphanage, we felt thankful for the opportunity. As I open the door hands embraced my waste as they expressed their joy through huge hugs and smiles at one point I begun to lose my balance because of the amount of children holding on to me and loving on me. My eyes teared up as I realize that I have never been in a place of such desperation that I yelled because I was so filled with joy that someone out there in this world cared about me. I’m pretty sure all 66 pairs of arm that belong to the little ones were around me at some point in time today. As we headed through these doors love filled there air like I have never know before, singing soon also filled the air as they expressed their appreciation for us coming to see them. They sang songs of the Lord and how good he is. I couldn’t help but be moved at the fact that they literally have nothing no shoes, torn clothing, dirty drinking water, flies everywhere but God was there surrounding these little ones which he loves so so dearly with his joy, love, and mercy. As the tour began Pastor Robert took us in the first room of the girls home there were six beds, two stacks of three beds, there was a little girl Rachel that was on the bottom bunk in the room Pastor Robert told she was 16 years old and was lame. She lost both her parent to AIDS and she also is HIV+ now and got a cold that spread to her lungs and now has pneumonia so she doesn’t have much longer so I ask that everyone who is reading this pray for Rachel pray for healing, comfort, and peace as she goes down this road that she has done nothing to deserve. After going in this room we went into the next small room that had two bed each slept three to four girls, mind you there is drywall on the ceiling that has never been painted and is seeping the smell of mold through it the walls are light orange and are so covered with dirt and filth that they are black in places from where hands have touched it. There are spiders and webs in the corners of the ceiling and mice, as jesse found out living in corners. (I’ll update more later tonight) We are now leaving to go to A perfect Injustice to throw some street boys a PARTAY!!!!!   

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you sweet girl! I love your blog... So encouraging! I can only imagine what the next days will bring you. God's doin some of His BIG work w you :)!

    ReplyDelete