Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday . . .


(Tuesday Before Getting Sick)
So I got my first real night of sleep in Uganda!! I’m so excited to be here serving Christ.  Today we went to the village where they, David and Abby, are building their new boys home. Right now they “house” sixteen street boys, as well as, supporting four boys through boarding school. There house is made out of bricks that were hand made and made out of an orange red colored rock there was  We got in a line a tossed bricks for a bit then took a break and just enjoyed the beautiful view!! There are avocado trees that surround the property as well as mango and coffee trees! If you ask me they live pretty close to heaven here. I was sitting in the morning on one of our breaks and chatting with David about what it is like here and if I could buy a mango from the ladies in the house next door he walked with me over to the ask them and she said I could just have one! So i parked my butt in the dirt and sat down for a mango rinsing lesson and the second i did the mama of that house ran inside to get a mat that she made for me to sit on, how sweet. So David showed me how to rinse them and that apparently you can just bite into the peal and eat it. It was so incredible juicy and it tasted like the most amazing juicy peach I had ever had. . . except it was a mango!! Yum yum. The lady living there was so sweet she saw that I had sticky hands and ran over and lent me some of her water to rinse them and soap to wash them. Keep in mind this water is water that they walked miles for and carried on there bikes shoulders and heads to bring back to there home. How fortunate are we that we can crawl out of bed walk ten feet to turn on an endless supply of water, drinking water for that matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment