Saturday, June 4, 2011

Africa Here We Come. . .


(Thursday) Jesse and I are on our way to Albq. Right now enjoying some quality time in the car. Okay so we got blessed with ALL of our Africa money and three dollars to spare. . . God is so so good!! We got to stop at the Saunders household and I got to give big hugs to my little “best friend” Elizabeth. Elizabeth was so cute on Sunday she told me that when she grows up she just wants to be a mama J it makes me smile hearing that out of a five year old. She also told me that she want to adopt one from Africa, one from china, and one from Uganda! Then when jesse and I were chatting I introduced them and Elizabeth turns to him with a slightly puzzled look and says, “Isn’t Jesse a girls name?” hehehe she cracks me up! It was very cool to pull up and see all their “little children of the world” as the jesus loves the little children song would say, playing out front. Goodness I can’t wait to have my own yard filled with little children of the world and they all be brothers and sisters. Jesse says, “Oh my goodness you’re so outrageous!” I told him my mom could just move to Durango and we could live with her and just adopt a million children J I think the idea is growing on him!
Pretty sure if I could I would bring home some of my little buddies from Palomas, Mexico. Our last trip to Mexico was really good we, patty, Joanne, and I got down there a day earlier to help put together bags for the fiesta on Saturday!! Goodness we made over 640 bags!! Some for mamas some for dad and some para los ninos(for the children)  Jesse and Nick drove down a day later and we got to set up for the fiesta and bag up food to give away. Before I go to Mexico each time I pray that God would break my heart for what breaks his. . . This time I got to help with the dropping off of food at the houses of the sponsor children (Side Note: There are a list of thirty or so children that need people from the states to sponsor them so they can further there education and their parents cant afford it, so if you are interested let me know for the whole year it cost $120 for the youngins and $220 for the older ones. The best part of sponsoring them is you could come down and see your child a few times a year and buy them a Christmas and birthday present that they wouldn’t have normally received without out your sponsorship. Plus you get to better their future )

No comments:

Post a Comment